Endau River Trip

I have been off the blogsphere for a while now, due to many demands of life and work. Factory problems in China, however, continue to sap my energies and drove me to the max of so-called 'decent behavior'. I would not go into a complaints here, as I don't beleive in complaining. Anyway problems with Chinese factories are well-documented in many places and reports.


When we were younger, we all dream about correcting the injustices of this world. If I was 'younger', I would have devised ways to change things. But now a few years older only, it is live and let live. It is better to use our brains to think of ways to work with imperfections and cross such pockets of moral desert.

Last week, I was glad I got away from this real world for a while and lead a group of non-paddlers down the Endau River. I had said many times that Endau River is the most beautiful river in Malaysia. And I was very glad to show non-paddlers what paddling is about, and hopefully they will remember this beautiful place. Later they might understand why we should treasured it.


It was 4 days of pure river indulgence. We rushed the rapids, floated with the flow, camped at huge white sand beaches, and even did some stand-up paddling. As always, Enick gave us great food, and the most I looked forward to must be the specially prepared aboriginal lunch on the 3rd day. It was just pure magic. Simple food like ferns or banana flowers were made into unforgettable dishes.

One of the most amazing experiences came from the last day, when we encountered a Malayan tapir. This gentle creature was unafraid of humans, and continued to bath as we past it in our kayaks. It was a huge creature and seeing it in its natural environment was simply amazing.

I don't have time to guide trips but I was so glad I agreed to guide this Endau trip. Contrast with the deconstructive need of the urban world, Endau river gave me perfect harmony for a few days.

We all need some balance in our lives. Sometimes the balance is forced upon us by forces beyond our control and we might end up in the cooking fire. Sometimes what we desire in our lives, is mastery of the forces that create this balance.

Comments

Wolfie said…
Hope you will find peace and stability in your life! Nothing beats going back to the things you love to find meaning and direction again.

Popular Posts