The Bukit Timah Canal

Last week I drove along Bukit Timah road in a slight drizzle and nearly caused an accident. My eyes were not on the road but fixed on trying to catch a glimpse of the water level in the canal. Was it full? Was it fast-flowing? Was it clean?

Finally I stopped the car by the roadside - I had to take a look. I reached for my camera and saw my packraft. I had this urge... well maybe the paddling could wait.

The BT canal is one of the longest in Singapore, stretching over 10km from Bukit Timah Plaza to Kallang Basin. Water flows from the hill reserves and some of it was diverted another canal - the source that feeds SUP near 6th Avenue.

I can't wait to paddle there although I know PUB won't approve. They and some Singaporeans may called it a longkang but I called it possibilities!

People must think I am crazy.

Comments

Francis Ho said…
Don't worry if ppl think you're crazy as I would want to paddle down it too!

Popular Posts