Kayaking accident

In Straits Times again.

The report that caught my eye this morning was the apparent drowning (he was still missing at press time) of a man at Lower Seletar Reservoir.

Mr Burhan and his wife, who got married one year ago, had rented a double seater sit-on-top kayak from the rental operator. They capsized. Mr Burhan helped his wife onto the kayak, then encountered diffficulty and sank into the water.

His wife said he is a strong swimmer and loves water sports.

It was reported that "his PFD had apparently loosened and was found floating".

I am sad - and angry.

Comments

Francis Ho said…
This sort of news is always most upsetting but it serves to remind us never to ever take water safety for granted - with no exception under any circumstances.
fullmoon said…
That sums up right...

Unfortunately for Mr Burhan, he was found drown the next day. And in a strange twist, another body of an old woman was found in the same area.

Did he not secure the PFD? His wife reported that his PFD came loose after he pushed her up the kayak.
Francis Ho said…
The reservoir must be haunted ...
Anonymous said…
Boy I love to go kayaking. But it seems like these things are happen more frequently, maybe it’s just me that notices all these accidents, deaths and stuff like that, but I’m pretty convinced that the messiah is returning soon, I guess we’ll see. I wonder if they’ll let me bring my Los Angeles personal injury lawyer? I doubt it they’d even let them in the door, ha ha. Thanks for the interesting post.

Popular Posts