T.I.T.S. in Singapore

The TITS film premiere last Friday was a success, with all tickets sold out. We even had to turn away a few late enquriers. All in, we raised $1,488 for 248 tickets sold for Waterways Watch, for their river patrol programs. Not a big sum, but certainly a start for kayaking supporting waterways conservation.
The evening started with a mad rush! No lunch, quick dinner, and running around getting everything ready. I even had a short rush of blood and anger when the sound-man came and told me the sound of the DVD does not worked. Hello? We had tested it with your system a few days previously and it worked. Chan intervened and sorted it out.
Then the guy bringing the drinks got lost, no batteries for the remote control.... and who is buying the ice? Then Chan came back from the car and told me I had a parking ticket. Some charity event indeed! Curse of the expedition ?
But by 7.15pm, everthing fell in place. The kayaks were assembled, the drinks stall was set up, and the reception counter began receiving people. But Singaporeans were typically later-comers, and by 7.45pm with the hall 60% filled, we could not wait and started the night's event.
After a short presentation by Waterways Watch on their program, it was me who needed to stand up and say something. I had prepared a short thank you speech, but in the busy run-up that day, forgot to print it out. I just introduced the film and sat down - not how I wanted!
I would like to thank Mr Eugene Heng (President, WWS), Ms Justine Curgenven (Cackletv), Ms April Teo, Ms Sizza, Eddie, Mr Henry Sim of SCF (www.scf.org.sg ) for their trememdous support and help.
Not to forget all volunteers from SCF, WWS and my friends (Winnie, JB, and Chan especially).

More pics to follow...

Comments

Francis Ho said…
Congratulations on the success of the film premier.
I wished I was there.
fullmoon said…
Wished you were here too ! Very enjoyable films.

Popular Posts