joie de vivre

One month ago, I was dad.

Everyone we asked told us it would be a boy- shape of the belly, complicated calendar calculations, star signs, age, date of conception, etc, etc. I was the only one who thought it was a girl. My theory was that since my cousins were mostly males, shouldn't nature balance itself by popping out a female?


Dad was right.


Having a kid feels like managing your boss at work:


Rule #1 Promise less on expectations, then deliver more.

Rule #2 Your job is to clean ass, do it gently and don't stand in the line of fire.
Rule #3 When the boss wants it now, she gets it now.
Rule #4 The boss wants you to guess her intention.
Rule #5 'You got to talk to
me' says the boss, but she doesn't listen.

Mainly I was living in joy for the past month. It is like a camping trip, where I get to sleep late and wake up early. I can make camp in my living room, my wife is too tired to bother me, I get to eat "very nutritious" confinement food...

Kayaking? What's that? Who needs kay-aking when I have Kay-lyn?

Comments

Adrian Tan said…
Congrats my friend!
fullmoon said…
thks adrian! You, soon...
Francis Ho said…
Congratulations Huey!

Welcome to the joys of fatherhood! See,there's more to life than kayaking - there's kayaking withe kay-lyn now!

Enjoy, enjoy! ;)
fullmoon said…
thks francis !

Am enjoying every minute of it
Francis Ho said…
Really love the photos montage! Great pics!
bonnie said…
Oh my gosh! Look what happens when I don't stop by for a while! Congratulations to you & Mrs. Full Moon!
fullmoon said…
thanks bonnie ! ;)

Popular Posts