Lovely Putrajaya Lake

When Geoff suggested paddling at Putrajaya Lake, I was thinking to myself that I took a 4-hr bus to KL just to paddle in a man-made lake?!

He certainly knew paddling places around KL better me, so I decided to follow the uncomfortable idea.

What I saw blew me away. This 'man-made' lake just outside of KL is a paddlers' dream. The boat shed contains hundreds of types of boats you can imagine - Ks, Cs, rowers, SOTs, tourers, playboats, etc... the list goes one.

Just lacked some folding kayaks, which was perhaps why we were here?!

It was a rainy day which clouded the views of the beautiful islamic and moorish architecture of the place. I am sure the buildings will be brilliant in the sunshine. We only did a small section of the lake, and we paddled close to the mosque and even the PM's residence!

In the late evening, the mosque called out for the faithful to prayers, rain felled gently, and a wind was blowing. Geoff and Neil brought out their sails and we calmed down as we were serenaded by the Iman's praise and the slow yawing of the kayaks.

Putrajaya Lake was not a natural place to paddle... compared to rivers or sea. But the place exulted Malaysia in its aspirations, culture, richness - a spirit.

Lovely.

Comments

Francis Ho said…
This is so beautifully written, you almost make me want to go paddle there! ;)

Popular Posts