Complete Folding Kayaker by Ralph Diaz

Buying a folding kayak requires hours of researching reading reviews and looking up the performance specs of different models of folding kayaks. These info are often scattered all around the WWW in forums or websites, in a local expert, or in ONE book.

And I suspect I shared what many folding kayakers have done before they bought their first kayak - read Ralph Diaz's The Complete Folding Kayaker. In fact I have 2 editions of this book.

In it, Ralph provided unbiased reviews of all the major folding kayak manufacturers, and all different models of folding kayak models. It helped me when I I bought my Feathercraft K-light 8 years ago. And I often refer it for specs and info on other models.

Besides these standards, Ralph also interlaced interesting stories on the history and evolution of folding kayaks. Singapore is mentioned in a couple of them, part of a 2000-year old proud folding kayak history. You will have to read the book to find out how.

And now you can - this 'bible' of folding kayaks was made available FREE online at McGraw-Hill website. See the McGraw-Hill website.

If you read it, don't skip the forward, writer-folding kayaker Paul Theroux gave his best here.

Comments

Hi Kayak Asia,
thanks for posting this, espeically the link to McGraw Hill.

If you don't mind, I'm going to quote parts of your post on my blog.

Thanks again!
Adam
fullmoon said…
adam > you are welcome to quote the post! Look forward to reading it..=)
Francis Ho said…
This is a "must-have" book for any folder or potential folder. ;)

Popular Posts