Edge of Region


I retired fullmoon 2 years ago after the Khammouane expedition in Laos. Since then I have not replaced my kayak or organized any expeditions. It seemed I lost my way after parting with my companion of 10 years. 

The last time, we were in Laos to explore one of the largest river cave in the world. Before that we were paddling Lake Toba, the biggest crater lake in the world. We are truly blessed with amazing places to explore in our region. It also occurred to me that it has been many years since I last did a sea kayaking expedition.

To go back to the sea with the waves and wind... its like a call of the wild... and home.

So this year I decided it will be a sea kayak expedition, the first song of an "edge of region" expedition. The central philosophy of EoR is a series of 3 sea kayak exploration journeys, by your own power, to 3 corners of southeast asia. Imagine a place that hardly existed, a place where the land and sea are seldom visited that sometimes maps don’t show enough. It is an exploration of remote places, about isolation, or perhaps withdrawal.


Sometimes we all need to deconstruct our reality and reasons.
Going on an adventure journey to the edge of somewhere paddling the fine curve between knows and unknowns, that is almost like how I felt when I first begin in expedition kayaking.

Song 1 is Batanes Islands.


Comments

bonnie said…
Ah, I see now!

Welcome back!

Popular Posts