Up in the Air



What happened on Dec 6:

1.57pm Me: Hey Carol the basco flight is 8+ or 10+ ?
2.06pm Carol: I check seair website. The dg605 flight depart manila 820 arrive basco 1005. The strange thing is that on the seair website say 'no flight found for this date' when I put 10dec. It says sold out when I put 11dec
4.36pm Me: Joseph, is the flight on dec 10 cancelled?
4.38pm Joseph: No it will push through according to Seair (checked this AM). Why? Any news I should knw abt?
4.39pm Me: Website din show timing
4.42pm Joe: Oh. Flight probably fully booked already. 
5.14pm Me: But on other days fully book does show on website, nt dec 10.
5.17pm Joe: Will reconfirm with call center. I shd hav rcvd notification if flyts were cancelled. That's what happened when they cancelled the earlier flyts. I got SMS.
6.08pm Joe: Just got off the phone w seair. You were right. Dec 10 flyt to Basco was cancelled. This creates problems for us. Need to discuss.

We have an expedition starting in 2 days, and we don't know where to go...

2 days ago, SEAIR cancelled their flights to Batanes on Dec 10. And we thought we had exhausted our share of flight cancellations anguish when Tiger cancelled our flights to Manila 3 weeks ago. And 3 days ago, Tiger and SEAIR announced a 'strategic' alliance to better serve the regional market with more flight cancellations.

Modern gadgets allow for easy planning of expeditions anywhere in the world, but without actually getting there by plane, all the detailed planning can come down to nothing. 

Yesterday I was still rushing last-minute shopping for batteries, plugs, and getting my hair cut short for the expedition. It is as if the expedition has taken a life of its own. And at the salon, the hairdresser suggested changing my hair parting 'from left to right' - one that I had since I was born??!!! I asked whether it was even possible to do that? She gave me 3 hair-pins to figure it out...OK!

Where to go? How to go? How to change parting? Time to change parting?

As of now, everything is up in the h-air... but if and when we need to change, let's just do it!

Comments

Popular Posts