Night paddling again

I was embarrassed to ask if I had the only chicken-less packed lunch, or that we were all duped by the chef. what I did found after lunch was Geoff's message with the lunch coordinates.

"OK, see you in front. Send me Sampean coordinates when you reach.", I assumed they were in front. With that we paddled off to meet them at Sampean.

They understandably got worried after receiving my vague message. I assumed they were in front while they assumed we were behind. A flash storm, missing paddlers...a 'rescue team' of Geoff and Chan was then dispatched to Grand Sentosa.

We were surprised by others appearing behind us. They related to us how they had waited for us in bitter cold, worried, as the storm raged.

"Where are you now?", I saw Geoff's earlier reply when I picked up my phone to call him. Only then did I realized that I should have been more specific with the information.

Because of this delay, we were behind time again as light everywhere shrank. All I could sensed was deep darken moods, paddling alone in the vastness...

Comments

Popular Posts